Do you have a finicky cat? Is it hard to find them a treat they will enjoy? We wanted to come up with a recipe that every cat parent can make at home. These have been proven to be some of the most palatable treats and most cats love them.
We wanted to make sure the ingredients in these treats would be beneficial for your kitty so we did some research. We found that apples (without the skin) provide fiber and vitamin C. Cheeses, like Cheddar or Swiss will give your cat a boost of calcium and protein. Oatmeal provides a great source of energy and vitamin B. Generally every kitty cat we’ve ever met has a favorite canned food, right? So we decided to combine them all together and share with you a picky cat’s dream treat you can make in the comfort of your own home.
Delicious Homemade Cat Treats
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 can of your cats favorite canned food
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar or Swiss Cheese
- 1 ½ cup oats
- ½ cup flour
Preheat your oven to 325* degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it off to the side.
- In a large bowl, you’re going to combine the ½ cup applesauce and 1 can of cat food. Mix the two. It’s okay if it’s a little chunky.
- Add in 1 ½ cup quick cooking oats and combine.
- Fold in the ½ cup shredded cheese (Cheddar or Swiss)
- Sprinkle the ½ cup flour over your dough and mix until there are no visible dry spots. At this stage, your dough should not be sticky.
- Dump the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Press the dough out until it is evenly spread on your baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and when the dough is cool enough to touch, cut the dough into bite-sized pieces.
- Once you’ve cut them up into pieces, spread them on the tray and place them back into the oven for an additional 8 minutes to firm them up.
- Remove your pet treats from the oven and allow them to rest in order to cool off entirely.
We recommend that you store your cat treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for best results.