As many of pet parents already know, Chocolate should not be consumed by our dogs. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs mostly because of its theobromine content, which dogs are unable to metabolize like we do. This is why, if your dog eats chocolate you should carefully monitor them. We recommend that you seek veterinary attention if any symptoms begin to surface, if your pet is very young, if they are pregnant or if they have any other major health related concerns.
Alarming but true, chocolate toxicity is actually the leading cause for vet visits and poison control phone calls surrounding the holiday season.
We just want to extend a friendly reminder to be extraordinarily careful whenever baking or entertaining with chocolate. Especially beware of any baker's chocolate getting into the mouths of your furry friends, because this stuff contains higher traces of cocoa and can be even more toxic if ingested by your pet.